Sunday, January 02, 2005

The New York Times > Technology > Circuits > Terminating Spyware With Extreme Prejudice: "For now, though, computing experts recommend what they call a 'multilayered approach' - translation: ad hoc, complicated and largely ineffective."... "He recommended I talk to his friend Larry Wagner, an independent technology consultant who has become a self-styled sherpa in hard-drive erasure. At last count, he had helped six other people (including his in-laws, his parents, a colleague from work and my friend) deal with spyware problems. Mr. Wagner is particularly enthusiastic about deleting - and upon hearing my sordid tale, requested that I wipe my hard drive under his auspices."... "Two weeks later, still no spyware. Yes, it was a huge production, but after struggling with spyware for the last six months, I have to say it was well worth it."

No comments:

Blog Archive