Saturday, May 28, 2005

InformationWeek > Google Strategy > Interview: Google CEO Eric Schmidt Talks Business Technology > May 26, 2005: "InformationWeek: As you said during today's Gartner Symposium, five years hence you want to say you'd been able to out innovate people. And I think that people outside the company like to imagine that there's some sort of grand strategic vision that's driving everything. Schmidt: [laughs] They've obviously not visited Google. We delight in the lack of such strategy. We're very careful to say we're not trying to build one thing. We're trying to innovate in all these interesting spaces. Every innovation is end-user tested and as they become more and more widely adopted, we figure out interesting things to do with them. These teams show off all day when we do product reviews and I say just don't talk to me about long-term strategy. I'm not interested. I want to know why is your product not shipping until next week. And then after this thing is released, tell me what you're going to do about it."

No comments:

Blog Archive