Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sen. Durbin Apologizes for Gitmo Remarks - Yahoo! News: "On Tuesday, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley - a fellow Democrat - added his voice to the chorus of criticism, saying, 'I think it's a disgrace to say that any man or woman in the military would act like that.' Durbin said in his apology: 'I made reference to Nazis, to Soviets, and other repressive regimes. Mr. President, I've come to understand that's a very poor choice of words.'" Have people missed that he is apologizing to the wrong people, or at least he owes a second apology? Yes, he did engage in dirty politics. Yes, his insinuation that anything done by Americans, including those two bombs dropped by a Democrat president on Japan, come close to the atrocities of the Nazis, or the Camer Rouge, or Stalin. So who really deserves his apology, assuming he is only going to make one, and a weasel worded one at that? I vote that he owes his one apology to the victims of these regimes, who have had their loss trivialized, once again, for someone's short term political objectives. This man has no business in public office. And for that, I'll go out on a limb and award him my Fuckwit of the Year award for 2005. I think I'm safe in that. Congratulations Senator Durbin.

No comments:

Blog Archive